Friday, March 23, 2018

Surrender the Fame, Have Right View of Life in God’s Words


Surrender the Fame, Have Right View of Life in God’s Words
The church of Almighty God, Eastern lightning, Church
Pictures of The Church of Almighty God 

By Xiaomin
    I was a person with very strong vanity and desire for status. Since I was little I always did well in study, so I was an example for my classmates and the favorite student of my teachers. The praise of teachers was a commonplace for me. My math teacher required me not only to come first in exams but to get full marks. After graduation from middle school, I was offered an admission to a high school which awarded me a 3,000-yuan scholarship and exempted me from tuition. My parents often boasted about my excellent performance before others and spoilt me much.
Naturally, I had a special favor at home and my younger brother and sister had to listen to me. Enjoying others’ esteem and admiration, I felt I was worth my weight in gold, and looked down on the low students. I often thought: If my grade is as poor as theirs, I would rather die. I held up the dictums “No pain, no gain,” and “A tree lives with it bark; a man lives with his face” as maxims and the goal I strove toward, regarding study as the only mean to maintain my status, and seeing good marks as my life worth.
    However, things didn’t develop as my wish. In my second year in high school, my grade dropped from the third to the thirtieth place. Seeing my poor marks, I felt it was a humiliating disgrace in my life, so I was resolved to do well in the next exam. However, though expending great effort, I still got poor marks in every exam, and failed to get into to the key university. Facing my failures and recalling my days of brilliance in the past, I felt so ashamed. As people say, “People struggle to go upward, but water flows downward.” I thought going to college was the only way to success. So, I unhesitatingly began to repeat a year of high school without consulting my parents. When choosing my college after the college entrance examination next year, I decisively chose a key university without giving thought to the mediocre ones. I thought: If I fail to enter the key university, I would ratherrepeat another year of high school and retake the exam until I test into a key university than settle for a mediocre college. For if I went to a mediocre university, I would be looked down on by my relatives and classmates, and couldn’t find a good job after graduation.; in that case, my life would be dismal and meaningless. Finally, I was admitted to a key university as my wish; I felt proud and elated, holding my head up again.
    After the university entrance examination, my mother spread the kingdom gospel of Almighty God to me. I, an atheist, didn’t believe God’s existence at that time, but I was afraid that if there truly is a God, I would offend Him for not believing in Him. So I began to read God’s word with an attitude of “try and see.” The sisters fellowshiped with me about these words of Almighty God: “Since the creation of the world I have begun to predestine and select this group of people, namely, you today. Your temperament, caliber, appearance, stature, family in which you were born, your job and your marriage, the entirety of you, even the color of your hair and your skin, and the time of your birth were all arranged by My hands. Even the things you do and the people you meet every single day are arranged by My hands, not to mention the fact that bringing you into My presence today is actually My arrangement. Do not throw yourself into disorder; you should proceed calmly” (“The Seventy-fourth Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). From God’s word, I came to know that all I had didn’t come from my own efforts but were predestined by God. My academic performance was just an example. Sometimes it was surprisingly good while sometimes unexpectedly bad, which was not in the control of myself. Thank God for His sovereignty and arrangement so that I could be admitted to the university. For if I failed again, I would suffer pain worse than death because of losing my pride and status. At that time, sisters fellowshiped with me, “If we pursue fame and status, we will inevitably live in suffering. This is the result of Satan’s corruption of us.” But I couldn’t understand their words. I thought: Pursuing fame and status is the manifestation of a desire to advance. How could it be Satan’s corruption of man? The university started soon. Later, through my experiences at the university, I gradually gained some discernment about how Satan used vanity and status to corrupt man.
    After entering the university, I found that there were so many students superior to me in many areas, such as grades, family background, appearance, and personal relationship. I felt myself so insignificant and normal and thus became distressed. I didn’t know how to gain a foothold in this new environment. But I then remembered God’s word and recalled that our family, appearance, and caliber were all predestined by God, so I should have an obedient heart. At this thought, I no longer felt sad for being no match for others. Later, I was accepted by the church near my university and attended the meetings with some of my schoolmates. I felt very happy. After I had understood some truth, I began to perform the duty of watering the new believers in the church. It felt glorious for me to fulfill my duty as a created being.
    Once in a midterm examination, I was shocked when seeing the paper. I found there were some questions I didn’t see before or know how to solve. After a while, I finished answering the question which I could do. I estimated the grade I could attain and found that I could get at most thirty marks. In that moment, my mind went blank. After handing in my paper, I walked out of the examination room and felt ashamed to face my classmates. When looking up at the school building which was more than twenty floors high, I really wanted to jump off from it. But our school had sealed off the building for fear that students might jump off from it, so I gave up the thought of death and went back to the dormitory. On my way to the dormitory, I was tearless. And then God enlightened me within: What is the value of your living? I knew that God was worried about me so that He guided me in my spirit. After returning the dormitory, I opened the book of God’s word and read a passage: “You have followed Me these many years, yet have never given Me an iota of loyalty. Rather, you have revolved around the people you love and the things that please you, so much so that they are kept close to your hearts and never forsaken, anytime, anywhere. When you are eager or passionate about any one thing that you love, it is always during the time that you are following Me, or even when you are listening to My words. So I say, you are using the loyalty that I ask of you, to instead be loyal to and cherish the objects of your affections” (“To Whom Are You Loyal?” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). God’s word pierced my heart and allowed me to realize that I had been bound by Satan’s words “A tree lives with it bark; a man lives with his face,” cherishing grade, pride, and status as the objects of my affections and even as my life all the time, to the extent that if I couldn’t get them, I would rather die and could even betray God. These Satan’s words are really poisons; I can’t fall into Satan’s trickery. And then I had strength unknowingly. Soon the score came out and I got thirty-three marks. Because of the guidance of God’s word, I didn’t feel sad or cheap. Thank God for protecting me from Satan’s harm.

The church of Almighty God, Eastern lightning, Church,
Pictures of The Church of Almighty God

    When the final examination was coming, Satan’s temptation came upon me again. The teacher said to me, “XX, you should study harder.” Hearing these words, I was worried and thought: What does he mean? What kind of student am I in his eyes? If I can’t get good marks in the final exam, will I be looked down on by him? But when thinking that all things are in God’s hand, I calmed down a lot. My classmates were all worried about exams, while I felt especially free. For as soon as I had time I would read God’s word and listen to hymns and was no longer fooled by Satan. Finally, I coasted through my exams in that term. In my university, there was a senior who graduated third from our university, getting into a graduate school, and apprenticed herself to a famous mentor. With such excellent performance, she, however, committed suicide, leaving a letter to her parents, saying, “I think I am not good enough.” There was another tragedy. A postgraduate was caught cheating on an examination. Because she couldn’t bear the loss of face, she managed to climb on the roof of the school building which was sealed off by the university, and jumped off from it, ending her life in such a tragic way. Because of being restricted by vanity and reputation, she was looted by Satan. Later, I read these words of Almighty God: “In truth, out of the myriad things in God’s creation, man is the lowest. Though he is the master of all things, man is the only one among them that is subject to Satan’s trickery, the only one that falls prey in endless ways to its corruption. Man has never had sovereignty over himself. Most people live in the foul place of Satan, and suffer its derision; it teases them this way and that till they are half alive, enduring every vicissitude, every hardship in the human world. After toying with them, Satan puts an end to their destiny. And so people go through their whole lives in a daze of confusion, never once enjoying the good things that God has prepared for them, but instead being damaged by Satan and left in tatters” (“Work and Entry (1)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). Through the revelation of God’s word, I came to know the sinister meanness and maliciousness of Satan. It inculcates us with the principles of survival such as “People struggle to go upward,” and “tower above others,” and makes us pursue to succeed, rise over others, and be looked up. As a result, we suffer great pains, becoming half aliveIn fact, it is Satan teasing us yet we aren’t aware of it; we think that it is a positive thing to pursue to tower above others, and that we humans should have the ambition to be top and live with honor and pride. We don’t know that if we seek the goal set by Satan, we would pay a bitter price: When we get fame and status, we would become arrogant and look down on others, and have to make unremitting efforts to protect our pride and status; when failing, we would feel miserable. Refusing to accept what fate has in store, some used whatever means necessary to obtain fame and status, while some lost the courage to live and killed themselves. Thereby, if we don’t have God and His words in our heart but live by Satan’s philosophy, our life would become more and more miserable and empty and finally we would be devoured by Satan. In the past, I was poisoned by Satan’s principles of survival so deeply that I often worried about gaining and losing reputation. But when I entrusted the final examination to God, I broke from the bound of vanity and status and there was no pressure in my heart. Under the guidance of God’s word, I could take the exam with ease, which was more valuable than getting a good score. I really felt grateful to God. Through my experiences, I saw clearly Satan’s harm to us. If we don’t believe in God, we will fall into Satan’s net and be teased by it to death. Only Almighty God can help us break from Satan’s bound and bring us a brilliant life. I have firmer faith to follow God and walk the right way of life.
    During that time, Sister Wei in my group had difficulty in her duty. After teaching her for a period of time, I saw she still had no progress, so I gradually began to despise her. By comparison, Sister Yang in my group worked with high efficiency and was of benefit to me, so I was willing to perform duty with her. When Sister Wei was transferred to another duty, I calculated in my heart: I should find a partner who can help me perform the duty well. Later, Sister Zheng and Sister Lu came to our group to cooperate with us. Both of them were young and quick thinking. I was so happy because I liked those who had active brains and were of good caliber. Sister Yang, however, compared poorly with these two young sisters; she felt restrained and her performance was affected. When we fellowshiped together, she didn’t utter a word. Gradually, I began to shun her and often talked and laughed with Sister Zheng and Sister Lu, leaving Sister Yang out in the cold. One day, Sister Yang said to me, “Xiaomin, I find you can’t treat people fairly. Now, I understand the feelings of Sister Wei. In the past, you liked to perform duty with me, but since those two young sisters who conform to your intentions came, you come close to them and neglect me. The way in which you treat people isn’t in line with truth. There are lessons that we ought to enter into in this environment, and we should reflect that what thoughts and viewpoints within us are incompatible with God.” The words of Sister Yang woke me up, and only then did I realize that no matter whether I treated others kindly or badly, it contained my own motivations. If someone performed duty well and actively, and could bring benefits to my pride and status, I would be fond of him, while if someone wasn’t of benefit to my work, I would look down on him and didn’t help him when he encountered difficulty. What I lived out was completely the image of Satan.
    Later, I read God’s words: “However, I deeply know the impurities in the hearts of each creature, and before I created you, I already knew the unrighteousness that existed deep in human hearts, and I knew all the deception and crookedness in human hearts. So even if there are no traces at all when people do unrighteous things, I still know that the unrighteousness that is kept in your hearts surpasses the richness of all things that I created. Every one of you has ascended to the highest heights of the multitudes; you have ascended to be the ancestors of the multitudes. You are extremely arbitrary, and you are running amok among all of the maggots seeking a peaceful place to devour the maggots that are smaller than you” (“When Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots You Will Regret All the Evil You Have Done” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). “Has He ever said ‘Mankind is corrupt so it does not matter how I treat them, any arbitrary treatment will do; I do not need to arrange things very well for them.’ Does God think this way? (No.) So has God acted in this way? (No.) On the contrary, God’s treatment of each and every person is earnest and responsible, more responsible even than you are to yourself. Is this not so? God does not speak idly, neither does He stand on high putting on airs nor does He make do with fooling people. Instead He is honestly and silently doing the things He Himself needs to do. These things bring blessings, peace and joy to man, they bring man peacefully and happily before the sight of God and into His family and they bring to man the right reason, right thinking, right judgment and the right frame of mind they need to come before God and receive God’s salvation” (“God Himself, the Unique VI” in Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh). From God’s words, I saw His will for man and that His treatment of each and every of us is genuine and more responsible even than we are to ourselves. In God’s eyes, there is no difference in rank among us. He doesn’t reject us though we are hard to save. Regardless of how numb we are, He works within us all the time, orchestrates the environment in a practical way, and practically guides us with His words. By contrast, Satan uses the status to categorize man, so there are different ranks among man. People in high positions will receive good treatments, while the low-class will be snubbed. Living by Satan’s viewpoints, I also pursued fame and status and treated others in this way. I was fond of those who could bring benefits to my reputation and status and disliked and rejected those who were not of benefit to me. There is no principle of the truth in my conduct and behavior, and I was actually manifesting Satan and dishonoring God’s name. Having known these, I came before God and prayed to Him, “Oh Almighty God! Thank You for leading me and allowing me to see Your essence of goodness and beauty and Satan’s sordid ugliness. Oh God, I am willing to repent genuinely and no longer live by Satan’s poison. Whether the states of brothers and sisters are good or bad, I will no longer look down on them in a condescending attitude but will help and support them with love.” After understanding God’s earnest intention in saving man, I then had a heart-to-heart talk with Sister Yang. Since then, we could treat and help each other with love. I no longer looked down on others or pursued to get ahead, show myself off, or protect my pride and status but only pursued to do my duty honestly.
    I read the words of Almighty God: “the truth is the most real of life’s aphorisms, and the highest of such aphorisms among all mankind. Because it is the requirement that God makes of man, and is the work personally done by God, thus it is called life’s aphorism. It is not an aphorism summed up from something, nor is it a famous quote from a great figure; instead, it is the utterance to mankind from the Master of the heavens and earth and all things, and not some words summed up by man, but the inherent life of God. And so it is called the highest of all life’s aphorisms” (“Only Those Who Know God and His Work Can Satisfy God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). “After experiencing to a certain point, a person’s life views, significance of existence, and foundation of existence will completely transform. That is, you will be born again, and become a completely different person. This is incredible! This is a big transformation; it is a transformation that turns everything upside down. You will feel that fame, profit, position, wealth, pleasures, and glory of the world don’t matter and that you are able to effortlessly let go of them. This is a person in the likeness of a human being. Those who are ultimately made complete will be a group like this. They will live for truth, for God, and for righteousness. This is the likeness of a person” (“Understanding Commonalities and Differences in Human Nature” in Records of Christ’s Talks). We were created by God. Only God’s word is most beneficial to us and is what we should obey and practice. Only God’s word can help us overcome Satan’s influence of darkness and break from its fooling, while every famous saying in society is Satan’s poison and represents Satan’s outlook on things, and if we live by these poisons, we will live more and more painfully, to the extent of being devoured by Satan. In my experiences, I have truly appreciated God’s holiness, beauty, and goodness. That He asks us to pursue the truth and throw off Satan’s poisons is truly His salvation to us. Only when we seek the truth and live by it instead of living by the philosophy and views on existence of Satan, can we live out the likeness of a real man and lead a true human life.

 Recommendation: Eastern Lightning | The brief introduction of the Church of Almighty God

No comments:

Post a Comment